Taco Chicken Tenders with Lemon Zucchini Noodles
- 2 pounds chicken tenders, or 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in to strips
- 4-5 medium zucchini, rinsed and spiralized (or a pack of store-bought zucchini noodles)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Juice of ½ of a lemon
- Minced garlic, to taste
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce of your choice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- Slice of lemon, for garnish
- Combine chicken strips with taco seasoning. Allow to sit on the counter while prepping other ingredients.
- In the meantime, wash and trim the end of the zucchini. Using a spiralizer make the zucchini noodles and set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Gently stir-fry the chicken strips on all sides until golden brown. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside on a plate. You might have to work in batches to avoid crowding the pan and steaming the chicken vs. making it golden brown.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, add two tablespoons butter, lemon juice, hot sauce, and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and allow to reduce for 1-2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir in fresh parsley and the minced garlic. Then, add the zucchini noodles and toss for 2-3 minutes to heat. Allow the cooking juices to reduce for one minute if the noodles render too much water.
- Add the taco chicken back to the pan and stir for another minute to reheat. Garnish as you like and serve immediately.
chicken, healthy recipe, zucchini