- Pre-cooked meat: chicken, lamb, or beef
- 3 vine ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ European seedless cucumber, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chunked
- 1 small yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded and chunked
- 1 cup Kalamata black olives
- Several sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, about ½ cup
- 4 oz. feta
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed in palm of your hand
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- Whole wheat pita bread
Combine meat, vegetables, olives, and parsley in a large bowl. Place feta on top of salad. Combine oil, vinegar, and oregano in a small container with a lid. Shake vigorously to combine oil and vinegar and pour over salad and cheese. Season with salt and pepper and let the salad marinate until ready to serve.
For more healthy recipes and weight loss tips, Contact Us!
Wait until week 6 on program to include feta (eat sparingly).
Pita bread is for serving others or if you are on a 3-day reset or maintenance.