- Pre-cooked meat: chicken, lamb, or beef
- 3 vine ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ European seedless cucumber, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chunked
- 1 small yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded and chunked
- 1 cup Kalamata black olives
- Several sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, about ½ cup
- 4 oz. feta
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed in palm of your hand
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- Whole wheat pita bread
Combine meat, vegetables, olives, and parsley in a large bowl. Place feta on top of salad. Combine oil, vinegar, and oregano in a small container with a lid. Shake vigorously to combine oil and vinegar and pour over salad and cheese. Season with salt and pepper and let the salad marinate until ready to serve.
Wait until week 6 on program to include feta (eat sparingly).
Pita bread is for serving others or if you are on a 3-day reset or maintenance.